Wall of PARs

adampov

Hello guys! I need help with the lightning. I am preparing for shooting commercial, there is a scene with the band during concert I came up with the idea to light the stage with a big wall of PARs behind the band. I want create simple patterns and flash them in sequence. Is there any device that can do it for me. I am coming from movies and only thing I can figure it out is to dimm them manually but this is almost impossible to create smooth patterns. I want to be able to play it live since the idea of the shooting is to have a real concert. Thanks for your help. I am sending an example of patterns that could be created.

Jarag might be what you are looking for.

It was everywhere about 8 or 9 years ago, but you don't see it much in touring lighting rigs now. That's fashion for you.

I'm sure lots of rock & roll hire companies will still have some kicking about in their warehouses.

Here's another youtube clip for you: clicky

Have you got the Pars? And dimmers? If so then most higher end consoles have some form of FX generator or pixel mapping that would make easy work of this.

A million years ago I was involved in a smallish scale setup in Manchester arena with a few dozen bars of six par cans. We programmed everything in Logic Audio Midi sequencer and used a midi to DMX converter to control the dimmers! Amazing what you can use when you’ve got no budget and access to a universities music department!

If you are going to hire a big wall of PARs, and dimmers, and probably structure to put it on, then you may as well ask the hire company to supply a lighting console too, and the chap it comes with will be able to knock up these chases in very short order. And you may also need a generator, though filmy types tend to be on board with that anyway, PARs are 1KW a piece, so for even a small array like that 7x4 is 28KW.

uuu I did not know about this Jarag light. The patterns looks like something I want to do but more I am looking at this light more I dont like how it looks. Since it is going to be in the frame I like the idea of big rig with the cabbles and classic PARs housings. But definitely I will consider this Jarag light especially I found couple rentals has it. Thank you :)

Jarag might be what you are looking for.

It was everywhere about 8 or 9 years ago, but you don't see it much in touring lighting rigs now. That's fashion for you.

I'm sure lots of rock & roll hire companies will still have some kicking about in their warehouses.

Here's another youtube clip for you: clicky

I have got the list of lamps from the club we are going to shoot in and there is console too: Chamsys MQ40. Next week I am going to talk with the lighting technician from this place and ask him is it possible to generate such effects straight from the console. But I really like the idea to programm it in Logic and "play" live on the keyboard or something during the show. I need look closer on this. Thank you for the idea!

Have you got the Pars? And dimmers? If so then most higher end consoles have some form of FX generator or pixel mapping that would make easy work of this.

A million years ago I was involved in a smallish scale setup in Manchester arena with a few dozen bars of six par cans. We programmed everything in Logic Audio Midi sequencer and used a midi to DMX converter to control the dimmers! Amazing what you can use when you've got no budget and access to a universities music department!

If you are going to hire a big wall of PARs, and dimmers, and probably structure to put it on, then you may as well ask the hire company to supply a lighting console too, and the chap it comes with will be able to knock up these chases in very short order. And you may also need a generator, though filmy types tend to be on board with that anyway, PARs are 1KW a piece, so for even a small array like that 7x4 is 28KW.

Archived