Smoke Machine for low lying, floor-hugging fog effect

joelschmoel

I'm looking to hire a machine that can do the low lying, floor hugging fog effect. This will be for an event inside a marquee.

I've been given a quote for a 'Look Unique 2.1' Hazer machine. Will this do the trick? I thought hazers were more to give a general ambience, rather than heavy, low lying fog.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi Joel,

No a haser wouldn't do it.

You have a few options, you can get a traditional dry ice machine (pea souper) which are really thick low smoke but are hard to regulate

You can use CO2 to chill the smoke with a Le Maitre Freezefog which produces a brilliant thick effect my personal favourite to use.

Or you can use something cheap like an antari ice 101 which is fine for weddings and just uses ice cubes to chill the fog would reccomend two one either side of the dance floor.

or a dedicated refrigerated unit like a jem glaciator or antari DNG 200 which doesnt need any gas or dry ice.

https://www.sfxsupplies.co.uk/collections/smoke-machine-hire

Hi Joel,

No a haser wouldn't do it.

You have a few options, you can get a traditional dry ice machine (pea souper) which are really thick low smoke but are hard to regulate

You can use CO2 to chill the smoke with a Le Maitre Freezefog which produces a brilliant thick effect my personal favourite to use.

Or you can use something cheap like an antari ice 101 which is fine for weddings and just uses ice cubes to chill the fog would reccomend two one either side of the dance floor.

or a dedicated refrigerated unit like a jem glaciator or antari DNG 200 which doesnt need any gas or dry ice.

https://www.sfxsuppl...ke-machine-hire

In the interests of transparency, it would appear Laura works for the company she has linked to. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/rtfm.gif

Hi

I used a glaciator and it worked OK; However due to the above reasons the stage side of it was built with longer sides so the wall panels reached the ground.

The marquee was also lined and again on the stage side this was pinned/nailed through the grass to provide more protection from draughts.

All the best

Timmeh

As I hinted before - I do a lot of “heavy fog in tents” and the ice based units definitely won’t cut it; thinking back the antari DNG 2000 is the smallest/cheapest unit that produced an even vaguely dependable effect in the very specifically weird air flows you get in tents.

Archived