Chamsys QuickQ

Stuart91

I'm just beginning to see promotional efforts for the Chamsys QuickQ consoles. They look like an interesting option for smaller shows.

There's a seminar happening at the Plasa show that I might try and get to. However there's not much point in spending the time if the consoles are way out of the kind of money we could justify.

Does anyone have an idea of the rough ballpark pricing, or where in the market they might sit?

Is this the first console series made in collaboration with chauvet?

Are they still made / assembled in the UK or is this range being imported?

I consider it an interesting move to move away from the cross console compatibility of magicq as a platform.

I assume this is in the market place as a competitor to flx(s) and etc colorsource. If anyone gets hands on and able to compare, I would be interested to read it.

They're really interesting. Some good stuff happening in the "low-end" console space these days with this, the Colorsource, the FLX, the Lightshark and so on.

Dedicated Hue/Sat encoders seems like an odd choice to me, (If there were dedicated encoders, I'd go for pan/tilt myself..) but maybe my colour picking style is different to other peoples. I love a touchscreen colour wheel, like they show.

Is this the first console series made in collaboration with chauvet?

The QuickQ series has very much been designed and developed by ChamSys, although with the benefit of the expertise of Chauvet helping with the below.

Are they still made / assembled in the UK or is this range being imported?

Chauvet have helped with arrangement of manufacturing for the QuickQ series, location of manufacturing very similar to that of where you'll find your tablet/phones' have come from! :)

Rest assured though the QuickQ series consoles are fully tested and QC'd by ChamSys in the UK.

I consider it an interesting move to move away from the cross console compatibility of magicq as a platform.

Indeed - MagicQ consoles require a certain level of knowledge of lighting control. The QuickQ series fits nicely in that range of console for volunteers and part time operators.

With the benefit of having show file compatibility with MagicQ still, so show files can be taken between both MagicQ and QuickQ.

I assume this is in the market place as a competitor to flx(s) and etc colorsource. If anyone gets hands on and able to compare, I would be interested to read it.

Absolutely, shameless plug but if anyone is at PLASA this year, we'll be running a few 1 hour introductory sessions to QuickQ on the Monday of the show.

Any is welcome to pop along to these! Link here

According to the blurb it is "show compatible" with other chamsys consoles which I presume means show files can be cross loaded from MagicQ.

Yes - both between MagicQ and Quick in either direction.

Although obviously with QuickQ not having all the same functions as MagicQ, complex shows loaded into QuickQ from MagicQ and saved wouldn't keep some of the complex functions in the show file.

Archived