Solution for Qlab in Windows

viktor92

Hi everyone.

I am looking for a software same as Qlab, but to be able to run on Windows OS. I will need this software for:

- Play audio files.

- Trigger time code and control Avolites Titan One dongle (light, fog).

Will I be able to do this kind of setup with only 2 computers connected on a switch, or will require more equipment?

Can you please advise?

Many thanks in advance.

Viktor.

You could look at AVD Multiplay- written by a blue-roomer.

A few “quirks”...

- best with uncompressed .WAV files, there’s a known issue with compressed mp3 on windows 7 or greater

-effectively unsupported now, David (the author) hasn’t updated it in several years.

- not sure if it’s windows 10 compatible.

Still it’s free- worth a look?

You could look at AVD Multiplay- written by a blue-roomer.

A few "quirks"...

- best with uncompressed .WAV files, there's a known issue with compressed mp3 on windows 7 or greater

-effectively unsupported now, David (the author) hasn't updated it in several years.

- not sure if it's windows 10 compatible.

Still it's free- worth a look?

It does work on windows 10.

Full credit goes to AllanR, A member of the blue room forum who found a work around. http://www.blue-room.org.uk/index.php?showtopic=65770

Scroll down half way through the page then the instructions are written for the work around.

This have saved my bacon many times.

I have not used this with a Avolites Titan One so I can't give a definite answer whether it will work or not but for sound then yes.

Titan One doesn't have any external control ability. You'd need a Titan Mobile for that, or if your DMX control requirements are simple you could use an Enttec DMX dongle which has various possibilities for DMX control software.

Archived