windows-based cam PTZ freeware?

KevinE

Wondering if anyone's had any success with PTZ software off the net, running through an RS485 adapter into pelco/samsung/whatever speed domes.

Googling it brings up a few but the ones that look genuine either fail to run or let you install it then ask for money to unlock them.

Downloading untrusted freeware is not a hobby I'm happy to play with!

I'm not clever enough to get into VB, it took me long enough to understand C++ !

Essentially I want to replicate a hardware PTZ memory keyboard with tours and sequences.

I can do it at the moment with a DVR and matching PC-based access but ideally want to do it directly.

The ptzcontroller.com program was one of those that refuses to run on my PC, it gives one of those cryptic windows errors when trying to run.

C# and vb are not too hard to convert between, c++ is not so easy though. On the other hand if you can master writing windows apps in c++ then you should find vb very easy, a lot more of the windows system handling is done for you.

For pelco d it's just a case of opening a serial port and sending a few bytes. You don't even have to listen for answers really.

Archived