zero88 rack 6 fault

jason5d

In case you don't have it, here is a link to the user manual:

http://www.zero88.co...ualissue2_0.pdf

I don't see anything in it about the behaviour you've listed, but as it supports a number of use models, ChilliNet, DMX and others maybe the manual can help you check it's not in a "funny" mode.

Your other options are:

Keith Rogers (Service Manager) @ Zero88: keithrogers@eaton.com +44 (0)1633 833101

or maybe Ian Knight: ian@serviceguy.co.uk

Kevin

Your other options are:

Keith Rogers (Service Manager) @ Zero88: keithrogers@eaton.com +44 (0)1633 833101

or maybe Ian Knight: ian@serviceguy.co.uk

Kevin

Thanks Kevin... I've been waiting for a call back to go see this unit since Easter <_<

Management is dragging their feet about the

cost of sending it away for repair.

I'm on their case to repair as it's the best dimmer we have.

I want to have a look inside later to see if there is any thing obvious.

It's been left unplugged for a while, are there any components that will be charged I need to watch out for?

...all the channels come on fullthen they go off one by one. It's not responding

to DMX.

All the timing and dimming in a Rack 6 is done by the main processor, (not quite true, there are three aux processors, one-per-phase, which do the triac driving). There is nothing in the unit which would explain this fault, as described, which leaves just the main processor.

No hardware fault would cause these symptoms so that leaves the software. Or more precisely, something in the units configuration.

Question - does the display and all 4 buttons work as you'd expect.

That's encouraging,

I had a another look at the rack 6 and it's still

doing the same thing, then I got the lid off and

it looks brand new inside.

The buttons and display do work normally. I did

try a reset in the super user menu when I spoke

to zero88, I'll try that again.

Is there an extra hard factory reset or a way to

reload the firmware?

The buttons and display do work normally. I did

try a reset in the super user menu when I spoke

to zero88, I'll try that again.

Is there an extra hard factory reset or a way to

reload the firmware?

No - it shouldn't need any of that - the Super User Reset is "Factory reset" - the firmware won't need updating during the unit's life so there's no provision for it that you could use.

If there's nothing inside that looks as though it's baked or burnt and Super User won't reset it - then the processor board will need to get back to Zero88 one way or another to be repaired/replaced. If the unit is less than 3 years old - then it will still be in warranty for repair though.

Archived