Quiet Comms on tour

We have a set of HME DX-200 wireless comms that we take out on tour and connect into the venues wired systems. I am having a problem in a few venues that the wireless comms seems very quiet on the houses wired system. It is usually when we are interfacing with an RTS/ Telex system however I have had trouble with others. I have tried changing the different settings on the HME box and turning the pots up, on the front but it doesn't ever seem to make us loud enough. Some people have suggested that it is settings on the house system but most venues are unwilling to fiddle with their systems and a cursory look at the RTS/ Telex wired system manuals don't seem to have any mention of gain controls anyway. I think what I need is some form of interface that sits between are comms system and there comms system that allows me to boost are level. Does anyone know of such a device or have any suggestions of alternate solutions?

Thanks

Page 39 of the DX-200 operating manual states that there is an external switch for the two-wire interface to change between RTS & ClearCom modes. Have you tried that?

If that doesn't work, look at the Bluecom threads on here. Two beltpacks connected back-to-back will give you plenty of level control. A member here has also modified a Bluecom beltpack to make a four-wire interface.

Archived