Lab Gruppen IPD2400

richie1575

Hello All!

Long time no post- long story but good to be back!

I’m looking at the IPD2400 to drive 4 Bose 802’s mk3

I’m not interested in any comments regarding Bose 802... they work great for speech and BGM in this application!

What I want to know is the capability of the IPD2400 to provide the all important extreme EQ curve for this type of loudspeaker? Does anybody know?

Thanks in advance!

Richie

I did some investigation when this came up in a BR topic a while ago.

You need +12dB @ 50Hz, +10 @ 100, +5 @ 200, 0 @ 500 & 1k, +2 @ 2k, +5 @ 3k, +10 @ 5k, +15 @ 10k & +18 @ 15k.

The LF & HF Cut buttons on the Bose Eq change this to +10dB @ 50Hz, 0 from 100Hz - 2k, +5 @ 3k, +8 @ 5k, +10 @ 10k & +12 @ 15k..

If you can tweak the IPD2400 to match these then you are well away, otherwise best to look for a 2nd-hand Bose Eq.

a big part of me thinks a used Bose EQ would make life easier!

The Bose EQs seem to be rare, and much in demand these days. A while back I listed some 302 subs on eBay (they came out of a nightclub liquidation so were essentially carcasses only) and got quite a few enquiries asking if I had any EQ units available.

Here's a graph of the response curve that the EQ applies. (I think this came from the PIP card that Crown had available back in the day)

ZS2YvcR.jpg

Here's a graph of the response curve that the EQ applies. (I think this came from the PIP card that Crown had available back in the day)

Yes, that's the one I was looking for (& yes it did come from Crown - I can't find any trace of a published curve from Bose). The service manual for the 802C uses a different set of spot freqs for testing, but when I swept mine I got pretty close to the Crown curve. I think there is a bit more to it than just an Eq though.

Archived