Mantras And Mnemonics

James C

I just remember that sound runs down a cable as per nature, out of the male and into the female :) . The lighting guys are into some wierd kinky stuff as the run out of the female and into the male :rolleyes: for lighting I also just work out which end is most likely to kill me if energised and put that end at the source

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Blimey.

Five pages and no one has done this old chestnut

RTFM - Read The F***ing Manual!

Mind you, maybe it's not needed anymore as we are all so good at doing this BEFORE we start playing with expensive new kit on the rare occasions we get it.

Aye Right!

Lang may yer lums reek.

Boycey

A couple for Freelancers:

If I'm 5 minutes early, I'm 10 minutes late! - sounds trite, but helped me with my horrible timekeeping when I left Full-time employment

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing for money! - thank you, Star Trek

and for connecting fixed wiring to flex: Red to Brown, Green to Black, Blue to Bits!

I did of course only have my feet an inch or so above the floor, so as not to be endangered had the bolt, or anthying else failed.

Just out of interest, if the bolt had failed what did you have in place to prevent the piece still attached to the recoiling rope from cracking your skull?

I did wear a hard hat, and also the length of rope was very short thus limiting the potential for recoil.

I attached the M2 bolt with a suitable bracket to a lifting beam in a plant room.

This had a SWL of 1000KG, and was only just above head height.

A relativly safe experiment IMHO though care should allways be taken.

Archived