AKG C111lp headset mic

revbobuk

Folks - a while ago I posted here about the AKG Tetrad systems. I've been pretty happy with mine, and it works well in a church setting. Had occasion to do a conference with them this week, and I noticed that it isn't quite as robust in terms of connection dropping as the Trantec s5 series that I was also using - that may have been a wi-fi issue, or it might have been range related, but my suspicion is that they are a little less effective in extracting power from their batteries - I only had problems toward the end of a 2 hour session. The Trantec uses a single AA, and lasts for ages, but the AKG takes 2 AA, and struggles to do 3 hours continuous.

That's not the issue, though. I've got a spare channel on the quad receiver, and I want to add a beltpack. The AKG beltpack seems to retail about the £230 mar, and if I have read the details correctly, comes without mic or cable. Bou one retailer is selling it for that price with an included C111lp earhook. Which retails on its own at £100. So the question is this - is the C111lp any good? The only review I can find online seems to indicate that it is acoustically good, but awkward to fit to the ear. Anyone used it?

Archived