Make-up Artist

sam.henderson

Hi all,

I have been asked by a friend who is starting a college course in Theatre and media make up and hair course to find out where make up artists get their equipment from. She is looking for just the basics and a nice 'box'/ case to carry it all around in.

A google didn't bring much up so any suggestions would be great,

Thanks,

Sam

Hi all, 

I have been asked by a friend who is starting a college course in Theatre and media make up and hair course to find out where make up artists get their equipment from. She is looking for just the basics and a nice 'box'/ case to carry it all around in. 

Thanks, 

Sam

Well if she wants a round the waist makeup belt, look at setware items. As for a box, tackle boxes are usually good, or tool boxes.

Basics: google for "Stage makeup" or "Theatrical Makeup". There are also ;) costume and :P party shops that sell makeup, and of course there are supermarkets. Living in Australia, the shops that sell direct here are useless, however :o <- really is your friend

Yes to Chas. Fox & Screenface.

She should check if her college has special deals with any suppliers or even if the college sell to their own students at trade prices. She should also ask if they could give her a list of 'the basics' that she will require before she goes spending her cash.

• 2 months later...
Hi all, 

Thanks, 

Sam

Hi Sam

May be a bit late but you may want to tell you friend that Le Mark are distributing the SetWare range in the UK. There is a 'Make Up Accessory Bag' available :ref: SW-05-508.Give them a call on 01480-494540 for more information.

Cheers

Takman

Having done a couple of college courses of this type (not this particular one), I would suggest your friend waits until the course starts unless they have told her to come equipped.

This is because most of these courses do special deals for kit from various suppliers - who obviously hope they will build up a loyal customer base of people who have used their products on the course and stick with what they know for the rest of their career. A

As a direct result, I have some really good kit that I would have been pushed to afford at market prices (the best deal was a full set of AutoCad, then retailing at approx. £3000, which cost me, as a student, only £25!!!)

Anf

Archived