Peter Evans Reinfocement

ekul1978

Im wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction with some advice on how to reinforce some Peter Evans sheeting. I have been asked to make a pirate raft and was thinking of using some PE 559 log effect (for those that know or have the brochure) as we have a few sheets spare, for the raft log look. My initial idea was expanding foam but I don't think it will have the strength to be stood on by the cast (kids numbering 5). Are there any cheap options like this that people have used before to make a solid sheet?

How thick are your logs? Expanding foam may work (fire rated stuff of course, if it's going into a venue ;) ), but can be tricky to combine with vacform sheets. As I learnt a couple of years ago, expanding foam needs moisture to cure, so make sure you spray a fine mist of water onto the vac form first, and keep spraying between layers

Archived