Outdoor sparklers

Dazzler

Hello all,

I've been trying to find out what the rules are on using sparklers indoors. I know you can get indoor sparklers, but the ones I've found so far don't last very long - I'm looking to try and get one that stays lit for about 45 seconds. I've spoken to several licensed suppliers, and they say that it is ok to use outdoor sparklers indoors, as long as you take all reasonable precautions. I've looked at the fireworks act, and I can't really find anything in there that says what you can and can't do.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Dazzler

Not to be too pedantic, but sparklers are classed as Articles Pyrotecnic, not fireworks, risk assess as any other stage pyro, bearing in mind the carried about issue and hot drop out potential, fumes are no worse than any other pyro, indoor sparklers are just short versions of full size ones. A bucket of water to drop spent wire into could go a long way

Colin

Thanks for that info. That's pretty much what I thought. The effect is well rehearsed and throughly risk assessed, and our director was pleased that we made it work in the end

Dazzler

Archived