-10v demux

sandall

Have a look at http://www.dmxprojec...x_analogue.html

It is a standard 0-+10v but has a +10v REF which if you use as the 0v and select the invert function, allows 8 channels of 0--10v which should be OK for your Environ.

Yes, that appears to be what the info page says, but I'm a bit nervous about what happens when all the earths get connected together.

Have a look at http://www.dmxprojec...x_analogue.html

It is a standard 0-+10v but has a +10v REF which if you use as the 0v and select the invert function, allows 8 channels of 0--10v which should be OK for your Environ.

Yes, that appears to be what the info page says, but I'm a bit nervous about what happens when all the earths get connected together.

Why not drop him an email? As I said, he was very helpful when I had questions, and obviously knows his stuff!

Why not drop him an email? As I said, he was very helpful when I had questions, and obviously knows his stuff!

Thanks, I have, & he does indeed know his stuff. I can use a floating PSU to power the module, but this then puts the module "ground" at +10v, so needs a bit of thought about screens & earths, as everything upstream & downstream will be referenced to mains earth.

Thanks Dave (& Andy)I've just found out that the offending demux is actually one channel of a 1990-vintage 120+ way Arri demux built into in a 4u (or 6u) Donmar box - all the other ways became redundant when the dimmers were replaced by Sensors a few years ago. The problem may of course be something simple, the 2/H Zero-88 is a possible solution, but I'm still hoping someone will know of something a bit smaller.Re replacing the dimmer - because the Environ handles whatever sort of load that's hung from it appears to be totally bomb-proof, the thought of replacing it with something modern has had a firm thumbs-down from all concerned.

Has the whole DMUX failed or just the one channel?

If they are any use to you at all, I have a pair of Zero88 negative output boards in the storage unit.

Thanks. PM sent

Has the whole DMUX failed or just the one channel?

Good question. It's all hard-wired, & there's a show running, so I haven't been able to prod it yet.

we are now manufacturing 1 to 6 channel DMX to analog circuits

we are making version with metal panel work for easy plug and go no tools required for:

zero 88 betapack 1 and 2

strand act 6 - all versions

also basic

basic 0 to +10v

0 to -10v

0 to +5v

Congrats for being a blueroom member, we are offering 1 free of charge for those that email!

PLEASE WILL PEOPLE try GOOGLE

Search

"demux pcb" - select google images

whole host of options!

we are now manufacturing 1 to 6 channel DMX to analog circuits

we are making version with metal panel work for easy plug and go no tools required for:

zero 88 betapack 1 and 2

strand act 6 - all versions

also basic

basic 0 to +10v

0 to -10v

0 to +5v

Congrats for being a blueroom member, we are offering 1 free of charge for those that email!

PLEASE WILL PEOPLE try GOOGLE

Search

"demux pcb" - select google images

whole host of options!

Come again?

Interesting to a point though. I found the Hungarian site a couple of weeks ago. No pricing, and the listed UK distributor doesn't mention the stuff on their web-site. I have three very old packs I would like to convert to DMX at some point, but unless the prices are very cheap, then there is no point making an enquiry.

Interesting to a point though. I found the Hungarian site a couple of weeks ago. No pricing, and the listed UK distributor doesn't mention the stuff on their web-site. I have three very old packs I would like to convert to DMX at some point, but unless the prices are very cheap, then there is no point making an enquiry.

Likewise, I could very well be interested in looking at these if the prices were in the right area. I have 3 or 4 analogue packs which just soldier on, but an internal conversion to DMX would mean less demux and spaghetti!

Perhaps someone could post a link to a distributor with some prices.

Nigel

Likewise, I could very well be interested in looking at these if the prices were in the right area. I have 3 or 4 analogue packs which just soldier on, but an internal conversion to DMX would mean less demux and spaghetti! Perhaps someone could post a link to a distributor with some prices. Nigel

If they are old Strand units, forget it, but for 0 to +10v outputs Anytronics do a range of kits, or give Graemeftv a call. Either way the demux will probably cost more than the pack is worth (I have the same problem with a couple of old packs). If you want cheap there are plenty of Chinese offerings, but you will need to work out your own wiring & metalwork.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived