LED netting suggestions

Moorhouses

Hi all,

Hoping for a few recommendations/suggestions.

Looking to add a nice LED netting effect above our auditorium as we near Christmas. Struggling to find anything appropriate..

Previous years we used standard LED Xmas lights, but these look a bit poor in my opinion. Looking for a net/flexible sheet that I can fly on the truss over the audience that can be controlled via DMX. No fancy effects needed, just something that will add a little touch over our festive gigs.

Can anyone suggest anything..?

To buy or hire? Colourweb is fairly cheap to hire, simple to rig, DMX control, one universe if you don’t mind repeating patterns, or bung an old hippo 2 or resolume server on it and have an instant low res video roof for not much cash. Siyan or Coloursound would be my go to if london based, both have a reasonable quantity (or certainly did have, in recent memory)

Cheers James, open to both to be honest, but likely a hire as I imagine it will be quite an expensive investment... That said, if it pays for itself over 2-3 years, I'd consider it.

Thanks for the heads up - shame though as I'm waaay up North. Given me something to look at though, so thanks!

What about something like this?

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/motionorb/

Or this

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/festoon/

Both fully DMX able or built in stand alone effects. They are also expandable to suit your needs!

The Festoon RRP is £299 a length. the Orb thing is £339 and £79 for an extension set!

Hope that helps.

Pete

Archived