DMX replay, programmed by a LJ, recalled by a DJ

godboy

Chamsys Mini Wing

laptop with locked execute page buttons and faders oh and a tap sync button.

Don't you need a Chamsys wing or proper DMX dongle (not the Magic DMX single universe one) to use the execute window and lock off the other menus? I need to set up a simple DJ proof system for a local night club and I'm just looking for options. Things are slightly more complex for me as the venue has two walls of LED panels which would look nice with some simple pixel mapping over them.

I thought the same thing that the execute screen was locked, but proof is in the pudding the latest version has the execute unlocked.

I've just been asked to look at this device, an Entec E Streamer, for an exhibition stand. I've not used it, but it seems to fit the bill where it will allow you to play back a show or scenes and save them across multiple universes.

Smart phone or tablet control. I've not used one yet, has anyone else?

Don't you need a Chamsys wing or proper DMX dongle (not the Magic DMX single universe one) to use the execute window and lock off the other menus? I need to set up a simple DJ proof system for a local night club and I'm just looking for options. Things are slightly more complex for me as the venue has two walls of LED panels which would look nice with some simple pixel mapping over them.

I thought the same thing that the execute screen was locked, but proof is in the pudding the latest version has the execute unlocked.

Its unlocked in that you can use it to run cues/etc, but you can't have MagicQ start up straight into the full-screen execute window and you can't give it a password to prevent unwanted tampering of the programming. At least you can't without buying at least the two-universe DMX dongle. If you've figured out how to make MagicQ start up with nothing but the execute window visible, and with password protection, then do let me know as I spent quite some time trying to make it work with a £70 MagicDMX dongle. I did find sort of a workaround in the end, but I couldn't make password protection work.

<snip> If you've figured out how to make MagicQ start up with nothing but the execute window visible, and with password protection, then do let me know as I spent quite some time trying to make it work with a £70 MagicDMX dongle. I did find sort of a workaround in the end, but I couldn't make password protection work.

It must be a piece of "blue" hardware - the £70 dongle won't work, the lowest cost option is their dual universe dongle.

<snip> If you've figured out how to make MagicQ start up with nothing but the execute window visible, and with password protection, then do let me know as I spent quite some time trying to make it work with a £70 MagicDMX dongle. I did find sort of a workaround in the end, but I couldn't make password protection work.

It must be a piece of "blue" hardware - the £70 dongle won't work, the lowest cost option is their dual universe dongle.

But Richard seems to be suggesting otherwise.

You can make the execute window work full screen on the demo version of the software by telling the software you have two monitors when you only have one, and forcing the execute window onto the 'external' monitor. It still only shows the design mode for the execute window, but I got around that by having one execute page with one button for the start up macro. This macro switched on the 'execute' view, changed to the second page of the execute screen as this was where my show buttons were, and then activated a basic lighting cue.

Archived