EDID Emulators

Tim gregory

Has any one here had any experience with these HDMI EDID emulators? Lindy 32113

I am not particularly looking to do this on the cheap - I already have various makes of emulators with selectable resolutions.

I just like the potential simplicity of these devices, given they don't need DVI converters and power adaptor.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim

I use the 'EDID Emulator Adapter HDMI with Preset EDID' and the programmer tool with Mac minis when using the thunderbolt as the second output and the HDMI as the monitor through a KVM (it keeps the minis happy when switching to another machine).

They have worked well over the last year or so. The only issue I have found with them is that you need to support them alittle as it makes the HDMI connection out the back of the mac mini about 3cm long and so a fair amount of pressure is put on the board inside the small plastic housing which can potentially snap.

Steve

Has any one here had any experience with these HDMI EDID emulators? Lindy 32113

I am not particularly looking to do this on the cheap - I already have various makes of emulators with selectable resolutions.

I just like the potential simplicity of these devices, given they don't need DVI converters and power adaptor.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered one of these Lindy things and it is easy to store the EDID using another emulator.

It seems to work well the laptops I have tried it with output the correct resolution / refresh rate for my ATEM without any adjustments.

I would like to try it on a Mac book, but if it works for those then it saves putting a scaler on the input for 3rd party users.

It will sit nicely on the inside of my patch panel without needing an additional power supply or cables which is great.

Tim

Archived