Stairville LED Foot 8?

BigYinUK

Hi all.

Has anyone experience of this controller or the Showtec version?

https://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_led_foot_8_dmx.htm

I really need more information about how to set the DMX channels on my lights than the rather useless manual is giving me.

Its says "supports fittings using up to 8 DMX channels" but how can you set the controller to work with a 5 or a 6 channel LED par (for example) and what can you do if you have different types of fittings?

We have a light show of sorts with our two different types of Stairville LED pars and our cheapo Stairville LED movers but the lights aren't doing what I'd expect to see and randomly fiddling with switch settings on the fittings isn't likely to be successful.

So its a "help" type of post please?

Regards

Jon

From what I can gather it supports up to 8 fixtures with a maximum of 8 channels each. The start address of the fixtures are hard set at 1, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, 49 and 57 respectively.

There are 8 rotary encoders.

The assignment of the 8 rotary encoders to the 8 channels of a given fixture is detailed on page 29 and 30:

- Hold the [Program|Record] button for 3s

- Press the [Mode] button

- Hold the [Patch|Insert] button for 3s

- Press the button of the fixture you want to change encoder-> channel assignment

- 'Use the rotary controls to select a channel function' - (I am guessing that simply moving a control selects it for edit)

- Use the up/down buttons to select the channel offset for that encoder

- Once all of the encoders have been assigned to the correct channel offsets press the [Program|Record] button to save

- Hold the [Program|Record] button to exit channel assignment mode

Obviously this assumes you know the channel offsets for your fixtures. Usually this will be in the form of a chart in the fixture manual. ie. Channel 1 -> dimmer, Channel 2 -> red, Channel 3 - green etc. If the fixture has more than one mode pick the most appropriate one (for example one that has a maximum of 8 channels and contains dimmer, shutter, red, green, blue, white or similar) and make sure the fixture is set to that mode and to the same start address as the fixture number on the controller (for example fixture number 2 will use start address 9).

From what I can gather it supports up to 8 fixtures with a maximum of 8 channels each. The start address of the fixtures are hard set at 1, 9, 17, 25, 33, 41, 49 and 57 respectively.

There are 8 rotary encoders.

The assignment of the 8 rotary encoders to the 8 channels of a given fixture is detailed on page 29 and 30:

- Hold the [Program|Record] button for 3s

- Press the [Mode] button

- Hold the [Patch|Insert] button for 3s

- Press the button of the fixture you want to change encoder-> channel assignment

- 'Use the rotary controls to select a channel function' - (I am guessing that simply moving a control selects it for edit)

- Use the up/down buttons to select the channel offset for that encoder

- Once all of the encoders have been assigned to the correct channel offsets press the [Program|Record] button to save

- Hold the [Program|Record] button to exit channel assignment mode

Obviously this assumes you know the channel offsets for your fixtures. Usually this will be in the form of a chart in the fixture manual. ie. Channel 1 -> dimmer, Channel 2 -> red, Channel 3 - green etc. If the fixture has more than one mode pick the most appropriate one (for example one that has a maximum of 8 channels and contains dimmer, shutter, red, green, blue, white or similar) and make sure the fixture is set to that mode and to the same start address as the fixture number on the controller (for example fixture number 2 will use start address 9).

@niclights

Thanks for that info about the start addresses, either it wasn't in my downloaded version of the manual or I just missed it, either way it'll be a great help I'm sure.

I do indeed know the channel offsets for all our fixtures :)

We're not expecting to try anything too clever but it would be nice to get some of the chases doing what we want them to do.

Regards

Archived