Roland V1HD HDMI Input Issue

smalljoshua

I've got a V1HD here in prep for an event. I have a cheap Panasonic Bluray for a couple of short snippets I have to play out. We don't get much call for Bluray 99% of the time so we're not going to get a better Bluray. The V1HD doesn't have much scaling built in, you can select it to run at 720P, 1080i or 1080P and it requests it's input via EDID data to the correct resolution. I have the Bluray into Input 1 with the output resolution set to match that of the V1HD and when on the menu of the Bluray, the image is correct and as it should be. When I hit play, the image sync is dropped and re-acquired by the V1HD when it comes back the image is squashed (the full image is on screen but vertically shortened) with a no signal band at the bottom (I can set this to blue or black for no signal) this is the case for films in flat, scope or even 4:3. The Bluray is outputting the correct resolution still (verified by connecting to a monitor directly and apart from the blue band/squashed image the quality is good and all the audio works correctly. I have gone via a HDMI splitter with a monitor connected to output 1 in-case the V1HD EDID is off but the V1HD still has the issue even though the monitor is showing the image correctly. This is at the case for all three resolutions on the Roland with the Bluray manually set to the corresponding resolution.

Does anyone have any idea about this? I'm guessing a basic HDMI re-clocker might not solve this. A HDFury or similar should do this but it would be over twice the price of the player. I have tried turning on units in different orders, re-plugging when the Bluray is playing to no avail.

Any thoughts?

Josh

BD Player works absolutely perfectly both directly into various screens one via a single new 2m HDMI Full Speed with Ethernet Cable (a range of Pana and Philips kit) and likewise with both Kramer, Atlona and "Amazon" DAs into multiples of the screens.

Josh

Are you ensuring the Source is Outputting a Format the Mixer supports - the 'native' Output from most BD Discs is 24p! The BD Player Menu sequence is likely 60p.

How fussy is the Roland about 59.94 vs. 60?

If you do want to try one the HDF DR HDMI is not overly expensive - we carry them from stock, https://tmfsolutions.co.uk/product/dr-hdmi/

Joe

The Roland doesn't do any scaling or similar. The BluRay can be forced to output at 50P which is what the Roland is set to expect. It will run at either 50 or 59.94 which I forgot about but have now tested.

Does the Dr HDMI actually modify the video signal or does it just tell the source what format to expect? The Atlona DA I use has EDID fixing built in which doesn't seem to help.

Josh

HDCP - was always a potential issue!

HDF DR HDMI - no processing of the video or audio signal.

HDF Linker - can down/up scale the Video and Audio signal, manage EDID and also down convert HDCP 2.2 to 1.4, has been a popular device with our Residential Customers who have 'legacy' AVR's.

Joe

Archived