Super simple moving head setup

amc85

Yes that one looks more like it.

There will be some import tax to pay. It depends how they declare it on the documents, often they will declare a low value so the import tax is not very much.

This looks like the same thing but a UK seller so probably safer.

This seller is not in the UK. If you click on the seller you will see he is in Hong Kong. I have been caught out by this in the past by this as it was list as been in the UK and it was shipped from China or Hong Kong. Lucky the customs send me a letter looking for a copy of the transaction and I also sent them a copy of the ad I was let go on the customs fee and inport tax of about €100 (I am in Ireland).

OK not UK seller, but it says "item location: Walsall".

I have ordered a few things like this before where the seller is not UK based but the item is shipped from UK, I assume there is some arrangement going on with a person in the UK who posts the stuff out.

You need to look at the delivery estimates. There are some overseas sellers using a uk agent to post stuff so that its already in the uk and gets to you in a day or two with not charges. There's unfortunately plenty of unscrupulous sellers who say they are in the uk, list the item as being in the uk but when you look at the delivery time it's 10 days or more. These are the guys shipping from overseas and you will get burnt on import charges and delays.

Archived