Nice theatrical effects to use

SA90

Hi all,

I've been approached by a student at the school I work at regarding their 'house performances' at the end of the year.

The word 'theatre magic' was thrown around.

Now, I'm no fancy shmancy special effects guy...I make dark things brighter and quiet things louder...has anybody used or got any good suggestions for 'magic' effects (dont send me to Magic FX ;))

Something like the ghost gag bench would be cool...smoke and mirrors...

Thanks

S

Personally, I would turn that round completely. Ask THEM what they think they'd like to do, so you have some idea of concept, and that then gives you the chance to investigate whether their ideas are practical/achievable/affordable within the confines of your situation.

To be honest, the types who just turn round saying 'Make it look great..." without any kernel of an actual idea are simply not imaginative enough to think of anything, and expect 'someone else' to do that thinking for them.

If it's THEIR show, then THEY should be looking within themselves for the ideas first and foremost

If it's THEIR show, then THEY should be looking within themselves for the ideas first and foremost

Here here!

But I do look to get creative...that's the glory of school shows, being heavily involved in the creative process...it's just for this sort of thing I don't really have a clue.

Archived