faulty led..easy fix before it heads to the bin?

S&L

bear with me chaps because I'm most definitely not a lampie.

the fitting in question is a Stairville LED Par56 Pro 24x3W black RGB from thomann. we have 3 of these and for the simple work we need them for they do we and program and behave themselves well....except one now doesn't.

regardless of controller, connection and DMX address, it receives a command and renders the colour along with it's mates..but we also get green continuously, so any colour you want and even blackout and everything works right but green stays on as well.

I'm assuming this is a board issue and given the £60 cost it will ultimately be destined for the bin (I can live with it for a while). I just wondered if those more expert than I agreed that it was for the bin and I'm not missing something simple.

rup they do have a 2nd bank of switches for function...good call, I will give them a prod,

alas 2nd hand and although I know the owner we have had them for more than a year..

just a post script to confirm I did indeed try moving the function switches backwards and forwards but alas it still wants to give me green along with everything else.

just a post script to confirm I did indeed try moving the function switches backwards and forwards but alas it still wants to give me green along with everything else.

It's probably the mosfet controlling the green has failed. Not a difficult fix if you are into repairing electronics... but tricky if you aren't.

If you can't fix, put it on ebay stating the fault, people seem to be willing to pay a silly amount of money for semi-broken stuff on ebay...

Archived