t11 t19 1000w lamps

graemeftv

Are people still using using these lamps, seems they are not very common these days with people wanting the 1200w version

t11/ t19 1000w with gx9.5 2 pin push fit base.

they would fit:

strand cantata

selecon rama

strand 743

I have about 40 here and after a year on ebay have not sold a single one. am I missing something?

Did most strand 743 come with the bayonet lamp base?

That is interesting. I can't say I've ever needed one as I will always go for T29 1200w versions.

I haven't heard of any fixtures that use GX9.5 T style lamps that are limited to 1kw, and so as you say people just go for the more powerful standard T29 variant.

Edward

T11/19s share a lamp base with T29s but have a different height, so lamp bases need reconfiguring between the two for proper optical performance.

We use T11/19s in our venerable Harmony PCs, but rarely seem to blow them. They're in a rig that is otherwise 650W, so not much need to up to 1200W.

Did most strand 743 come with the bayonet lamp base?

223s used bayonet T6(?) lamps, AFAIK the 743 was just a 223 modified to take a T11/19 lamp. When I was shifting lamps a few years back I remember there was far more demand for 1000W & 500W than 1200W & 650W.

I have 48no. Robert Juliat 310HF Fresnels. I run them all at T19. I am very happy with the bulb and the fresnels.

Once upon a time, I started to uprate the units with T.29's.I, eventually, went back to T19's due to the ridiculous amount of blown T29 bulbs. I went through 16 in a two week period at one point. Lanterns are in exceptionally good nick with easy use. Allowing for people not warming up the rig etc, I just figured it was not worth the cost of replacements and the hassle. Since the return to T19's, the burn out rate has dropped considerably. The units will remain in situ till the bulb is eventually moved the way of the dodo.

2 cents

Eamon

Archived