Request for a manual 'EVL Prospot250'

Neil Hampson

I have just been presented with an old moving head to use in a community theatre, an EVL Prospot250. through trail and error I believe I have found most of the fixture features however the owner believes that there are more than the 12 channels for the unit, there is also one channel that appears to do nothing so it might be a macro mode that I can't see. Does anyone have an electronic version of a manual or user guide for one of these units? considering it's probably about 10 years old now it's a cracking little head but I would like to give it a good internal clean and get the lamp aligned properly. I have tried google in vain and I wondered it the similarly named Coemar Prospot250 was a descendant, but the channel lists don't match. I currently can't get into any of the fixture menus other than to change the DMX start address (if of course there is a fixture menu) I'd like to enable 16 bit pan/tilt if it can?).

I'm assuming this was at the time at the lower end of the scale, so probably looking at community venues / schools?

Hi,

It looks like a made a custom personality for these for the ADB consoles, as I still have the fixture notes on Dropbox (no manual though, sorry). They say 14 channels, as follows, although the fact that Fine Pan/Tilt is at the end of the list would suggest that you should be able to switch them into a 12 channel mode:

01 - Colour Wheel #1 - select

02 - Gobo Wheel #1 - select

03 - Gobo Wheel #1 - rotate

04 - Gobo Wheel #2 - select

05 - Pan - Coarse

06 - Tilt - Coarse

07 - P/T Speed

08 - Prism

09 - Focus

10 - Shutter

11 - Intensity

12 - Control

13 - Pan - Fine

14 - Tilt - Fine

Does that match up with your observations?

HTH,

Barney

Barney,

That does match up with my notes, Ch.7 being the P/T speed makes sense as it didn't appear to do anything at the desk when I was playing. Ch.12 appears to be some sort of demo mode as anything over a few % puts it into a mad frenzy of activity, pan-tilt to the extremes, strobing, colours and gobos galore (it was labelled in my notes as 'Ape-$hit mode') I wonder if there are lamp controls on that channel somewhere? And now I at least know that Ch.13&14 are the P/T fine control although I'm not sure my desk can cope with that as it always assumes that course and fine are consecutive channels, maybe a clever DMX patch can solve that.

It also took me a while to work out that the strobe has to be between 10-15% otherwise the dimmer shutter will not work at all.

Thanks, Neil

Archived