French Bonfire

TomHoward

Follow the links to find the video. I know I shouldn't laugh but these idiots had a pile of absorbent looking stuff on a table in the middle of the road and a senior rabbi poured fluid on it for several minutes. The street was absolutely packed so when it exploded it was above waist height and injured at least 10 of them.

Apparently it is some sort of annual Jewish "thing" and the emergency services had calls to fire related incidents across London. Lag BaOmer just has to be in the running for the Darwin award when they celebrate in city streets like this.

I wonder what the police would say about the local mosques lighting explosive bonfires in the street? The Mail would go ape-sh1t.

The "fire" is traditionally made from cotton wool & olive oil, not normally considered as an explosive mixture, but it would appear that some children thought it would be fun to add petrol or something similar. The phone did not have a battery, so again not a major explosion risk.

Yet another case of a normally safe family event being ruined by thoughtless idiots ?

Archived