experience with pulse ABP power amplifiers

S&L

I was wondering if anyone had experience with pulse APB amps? specifically the apb2700. I'm looking at a running two pairs of subs with one of these as a budget solution. I have had their old SPA series amps and they seemed fine when I used them for monitors but Pulse seem to have a habit of changing models (and perhaps manufacturers?) frequently. Ultimately, I'm looking to pick up a qsc but that's not in the budget yet and this amps seems just the ticket to get me through the summer festivals and weddings. Anyone have any experience or thoughts about the APB amps?

• 3 weeks later...

I know the price tag for new from companys like CPC etc are really apealing on these. But you are just buying in to junk.

Have a look at the old C-Audio Pulse 2x1100 amplifiers. Has pulse in the name incase thats what your after, will fall in to the same price catagory second hand and will last more than 5 gigs.

I know the price tag for new from companys like CPC etc are really apealing on these. But you are just buying in to junk.

Have a look at the old C-Audio Pulse 2x1100 amplifiers. Has pulse in the name incase thats what your after, will fall in to the same price catagory second hand and will last more than 5 gigs.

to be honest, I never had a problem with the old SPA amp. I used it for 4 years, and it was like new when I sold it on - a different application though. I was looking for someone who had actually taken a punt and had first hand experience - like myself with the SPA - which must have done a few hundred shows while I had it - which pretty much disproves your 5 gig theory. I took the long silence to mean no one had experience and in the end I picked up an old ohm ea2400 but I would still be interested hear from anyone that has real experience of the APB product - experience tells me that just because the price tag is cheap (red5 mics, x32, epq amps) doesn't mean the product is naff - real world feedback is a much more reliable indicator.

Archived