Strand 550

gibbothegreat

Strand 550 - you decide!  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What to do with it?

• offer it, someone will like it
    • waste of time
    • I'm interested!

hi folks, having a major clear out of stuff that really isn't any use to us any more, and am struggling with my tender nostalgia tendencies... among the many things that have sat in dark corner for years is a Strand 550 desk.. Normally, I'd do this via the free ads, but I have a time constraint in that the electrical recycling pick-up is tomorrow, so I wanted to get a feel if folk thought this was something worth offering. Not especially looking for money, but the 'buyer' would have to remove it (it's in Edinburgh) as we don't have a flightcase or original packaging. No idea if it's in working condition or not, certainly looks reasonable.

Thoughts? Hate to throw it, but can't see the point in keeping it when we're stuffed for storage space...

Even if it's not in 100% working order, I'm sure it'll be of some value to someone who has a console from the same family that they're trying to keep running, as a 'donor' console for spares. Trackballs, faders, LCDs, motherboards, CS cards, wheels, encoders - all valuable in their own way.

Who doesn't love a console where you have to go for a walk to reach Sub 1?

Made me nostalgic for the Galaxy days, when we had to wheel the chair across the control room to get to the submasters ;-)

and go next door to switch it on (at least in the place I used to use one in)

Archived