Soundcraft Ui12

Eeen

OK now I want to try them I know I can rent a Ui16, who has got a Beringher xair or RCF M18 to hire? Ive got an open mic night in a week and a bit time, it'll be nice to try one in the theatre and see how it works... then I can persuade the people who'll want to buy one!!

You'll achieve a lot by downloading the apps for the devices you're interested in, as they are the main interface you'll need to use.

While people argue about which device has the best "pres" and which FX trump the competition, for your use they'll all be fine, bar possibly the UI16 - though even that, if you're not using phantom power, may not be so bad.

Though really, when you can pick up an XR12 (which does all that you say you need) for £220 from Bax-Shop, just get on and do it!

Edit... sorry I should have read your original post properly. I realise the ipad is the crux of the matter and they haven't done that with the qu-pac

What have they not done with the Qu-Pac?

It has 3 different Apps available, depending on what you want to do, (the 2 simpler ones run on iPhones too) as well as a vey good 3rd party Android app*, and different levels of access for different users.

*Same developer as Behringer X32 app

Edit... sorry I should have read your original post properly. I realise the ipad is the crux of the matter and they haven't done that with the qu-pac

What have they not done with the Qu-Pac?

It has 3 different Apps available, depending on what you want to do, (the 2 simpler ones run on iPhones too) as well as a vey good 3rd party Android app*, and different levels of access for different users.

*Same developer as Behringer X32 app

Sorry my post wasn't clearer, I was referring to my friend and his church having not used ipad with QU-Pac

Remember, this is a church we're talking about - regardless of functionality/usability, the various "basic" digital products available from vendors will be ranked in the following order, from the most preferred:

£220 - Behringer XR-12

£251 - Soundcraft UI12

£410 - RCF M18

£475 - Mackie DL806

£830 - QSC Touchmix 8

£840 - A&H Qu-SB

£1,170 - A&H Qu-Pac

(no prizes for guessing what factor will be used in the ranking)

Hi Alec,

Thats a way to look at it !

I really like the RCF M18, but as you mentioned eairlier about downloading the apps, before I read your post I have downloaded the RCF one the Beringher Xair one and the QSC touch mix....

I would like the A&H but it'll never be used to its full potential and would be a waste, however I think its getting down to the RCF (bit over kill still), the Soundcraft Ui (but we do use phantom lecturn mics) and the Beringher X-air - Im popping to Andertons in guildford to see what they've got to demo me and I would like to rent an RCF or Beringer or Souncraft 18in for an open mic to use it in anger and kind of demo it to people to want it in the Chapel!

Thanks

Ian

Ive been Using a UI16 for the last 9 mths, I that time ive had one connection problem.

ist been used every weekend for gigs either with a full rock band or guitar/vocal backing tracks.

ive had no problem with noisy pres, as some suggest,

ALL of the digital mixers with build in wifi have some issues, if you go to the behringer or Allen heath forums, youll see lots of people complaining of issues, its not just the soundcraft ones.

definately on the positive side is that the soundcraft sets up its own hotspot and doesnt require an app, you conect to it and go to a web page, so you dont have to worry about p[eople not having the app to operate it.

as I say, ive done maybe 70 gigs with mine and had issues once, which resolved with a reboot after sound check.

for the money you cant go wrong

is looked closely at the behringers too, but they didnt have a footswitch for fx, which as a sometime solo act , that was a bit of a killer.

Also remember, whatever you get, to put in an external router, despite some of them having their own internal wi-fi. For all that the internal wi-fi may work in many instances, there will be cases where it doesn't, and you'll only be glad you had the external router. Doesn't need to be anything fancy - many old cast off routers will do a fine job.

Also remember, whatever you get, to put in an external router, despite some of them having their own internal wi-fi. For all that the internal wi-fi may work in many instances, there will be cases where it doesn't, and you'll only be glad you had the external router. Doesn't need to be anything fancy - many old cast off routers will do a fine job.

Some won't though - I would get a proper wireless access point, which are only £20, rather than a router which is a different beast and may sometimes fail to route packets between wifi and ethernet. Some routers can be switched to WAP mode and that is fine.

Archived