Trap Door - in an 8'x4' litedeck

Apspete1

HI,

Does anyone have to rent a 8'x4' litedeck or similar deck that can be bolted into a stage floor, that has a fully opening back to the surface trapdoor.

Need a performer to access stage from below but trap needs to be open and flat to stagedeck.

I have found some to rent but the trap only opens partially.

Dates required wednesday the 15th feb to 22nd.

Any pointer greatly received, I have 1220mm to top of stage FFL if anyone has any other bright ideas.

Thanks

Pete.

Give the OP works at Hawthorns I think he'll have a few bits of deck to play with...

To clarify, do you need a trapdoor that opens upwards, has 180 degree hinges and the door itself sits flush with the deck once open? That sounds like straightforward carpentry apart from the fact you'll have a door-sized recess in the surface when the trapdoor is shut. I take it you can't have something that opens downwards?

If you are in a position to modify your own deck as mentioned by the previous poster, you need flush trap hinges, or bar back flaps, available from Flints Catalogue Hinges

I'm not sure how you would make it open upwards such that it sat flush with the surrounding floor when open: I would think about either hinging it downwards (in which case normal backflaps could be used), or a drop-and-slide sort of arrangement if that was essential. The latter might not be possible given the sub-floor framework of the litedeck.

Thanks everyone for your help.

As one of you suggested I am one of the directors at hawthorn and we could make them, just have a stacked set shop at the moment.

Think I have found a solution from our own stock, we have now got 2 x trap door litedecks that fold back to the top surface, in case it helps any one else.

Pete

Archived