iPhone as a riggers remote

Rob the Spark

Hi all.

I'm wondering if there's currently some software and hardware available which would allow me to use my iPhone as a riggers remote?

I'd be happy with something which can just control generic dimmer channels for focusing, but if there's something which can also control moving lights and LED fixtures then that would be even better.

I've seen the software for the high end desks but this if for an amateur company currently operating on a fatfrog desk.

Thanks.

The best thing to look for would be some sort of application that outputs ArtNet or sACN (e.g Osram DMX Controller), and have an artnet/sACN node to output the data. (One of these would do the job, you'd just need a hub that could supply POE to power it)

Hi,

I've used Chamsys magic DMX basic for this before as a very cheap work around.

I set up my rig in chamsys unplugged the DMX from the lighting board and plugged into chamsys on laptop, setup a independent wifi router between laptop and ipad and then used a screen cloning app such as Duet display of air display, plenty of other alternatives and I'm sure some free ones as well. could then control all of chamsys I set up some executes to make it quick and easy for what I needed to do. This may not be as simple on an iphone due to smaller screen but should still work.

Its not the cleanest of methods but it did work and very cheap.

Cheers

Archived