Magic fx electric cannons - break seal?

TomHoward

Just a quick one

Do you break the top seal on a Magic FX confetti cannon once the tube is installed? I'm sure I had some instructions from one of the manufacturers advising to do so but using Magic FX tubes at the moment and they don't seem to mention it. Does it make any practical difference?

We had to "dispose" of a bunch of hand held.

The difference I remember is maybe less throw and a dam sight louder. We think it is/was mostly just a launch aid, possibly they changed the plastic and its now easier to break?

Had a quick look ours are the same. Time to find out :P

It depends on the material being shot. If it's something relatively aerodynamic (ie blocks of confetti in the tube) then keep it sealed as that means a greater pressure builds up inside and the block gets shot further. If it's something loose (streamers, loose confetti) then you don't need to seal the top as the material inside forms its own plug to build up pressure and itspoor aerodynamics means it's not going to shoot as far anyway.

t

Archived