Fixture Search

tomolding

Do you mean you're using desks from different manufacturers? There's no common system for fixture personality and each manufacturer has their own method, however once the fixture file is made for that console you should be able to reuse it.

Do you mean you're using desks from different manufacturers? There's no common system for fixture personality and each manufacturer has their own method, however once the fixture file is made for that console you should be able to reuse it.

no, im trying to find out if my "cheap fixture" is a copy of a different fixture, i.e. mac 250. hence being able to patch a mac 250 into each desk instead of trying to recreate every time.

no, im trying to find out if my "cheap fixture" is a copy of a different fixture, i.e. mac 250. hence being able to patch a mac 250 into each desk instead of trying to recreate every time.

Ah I see, the only way to do that is by going through the DMX ranges in the manual for your fixture (if one exists) and comparing to manuals of known fixtures. Very time consuming.

Possibly if you post the details of your fixture here someone might recognise it and suggest a matching fixture.

Ah I see, the only way to do that is by going through the DMX ranges in the manual for your fixture (if one exists) and comparing to manuals of known fixtures. Very time consuming.

Possibly if you post the details of your fixture here someone might recognise it and suggest a matching fixture.

That's what I was expecting I will upload the pages of the manual tomorow

Regards

Tom

I tried to make one once. The issue I came across is that there were so many manufacturers who had different names for different attributes, so it was really hard to match stuff up!

Yeah I can see that

Shame as I think it could be a useful tool

Thanks for your help I have uploaded the manual to drop box

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n64r5wgl1spcsh3/Manual%20Of%20Led%20Zoom%20Moving%20Head%20Light.8.2%20copy.pdf?dl=0

Regards Tom

MagicQ has a useful fixture search tool that you can enter channels in to and it will return all matching fixtures - might be useful?

I have just tried this works really well but on references to a "Chinese LED Mover Zoom" which is probably it, however no other desk has this as a option. I guess eventually I will have created a fixture for most desks :),

Thanks for help

Archived