X32 - routing a post-fade bus back into another bus

gw0udm

Hi

I'd be grateful for thoughts on this, I can't think of a way of doing it.

We have an X32 at church, and what I want to do is provide a post-fade mix of all the speech mikes into the foldback speakers that the band use. This is so that they can hear what is going on when the speakers say something.

I've set up a post fade bus which is straightforward. However what I now need to do is send the output of that bus back into 4 other busses (the foldback outputs).

The only way I could see of doing this would be to use a matrix output, but the problem here is that I am already using 4 of the 6 for our FOH speakers (we have four of them).

The only other thing I can think of which seems a bit ridiculous is to assign the post fade bus to a physical output, and then connect this with a cable back into a spare channel, and then use the channel sends to distribute it into the foldback! I can't help feeling that there must be a way of doing this digitally.

I'd be glad for any advice

James

cant the individual channel auxes be set as pre or post fade?if so set the hand held channels to post fade on the monitor auxes

Aha- think you are right, thanks - had not noticed that. Still getting my head around the new world!

James

Yes, they can, so you should just be able to set those channels as post fade on those buses and send direct from the channels to the monitor buses. Only shortcoming is you have to change pre/post 2 buses at a time, can't change the send point of one of a pair.

Archived