Clay oaky stormy cc

James Remo

I've got 30 clay paky stormy cc's in a touring rig, and 3 different units have randomly had a moment where they have "stuck on" despite the desk sending a zero value for intensity. One unit once in rehearsals, one unit once in an early gig, and another unit just now 14 dates in. A hard reset clears it, and as it's happened at 3 different points in the set to 3 different units in 3 different colours - it's definitely not programming. Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? The units are from aed rent, can't remember which firmware, but they were a pain to calibrate the colours and settings across them all.

Remember when the original Golden Scan was launched, CP made a big point of `Electronics by Pulsar`.

CP`s optics can be astounding, unfortunately Italian electrics can be a bit... if you`ve ever dealt with Italian bikes and cars.

Xenon strobes have many modes of acting up, LED strobe would strongly suspect firmware/ watchdog reset problems.

How do you find the colour versions, do you need the 30 to attain intensity your after?

Thanks

The designer is also using them on JMJ, so he obviously rates them. I used a bunch of the non colour version at a festival in Belgium during the summer and on a high smoke rave up they didn't cut it at all. This is an arena sized rock show and heavy on the haze but lots of cameras so not dense smoke. Having used them previously on some of my (smaller) shows they are great for big colour washes, and beat an atomic plus scroller for saturated colours. I'm running automation during this show so haven't actually seen the gig from out front, except in rehearsals, which was shoe-horned into Millenium studios. FOH was under the front truss...

Archived