Remote control lighting

Damian Jay

Yes, lots, also made lots of standalone things using the Atmel mega chips (the processor on the smaller Arduinos). The arduino libraries are very good, even if you've never done Arduino before it is fairly straightforward to get up and running.

Hi Tim,

thanks for replying. I'm thinking that pixel lighting and Arduino will be the way to go. I'm sure I can pick up the coding relatively quickly once I set my mind to it. I've downloaded the Arduino program but have no components to practice on.

Is the a supplier of Arduino and pixel lighting here in the UK you could recommend ?

Thanks for any help you can give.

The adafruit range of pixel parts is worth looking at, proto-pic sell it in the uk, also cool components or skpang are uk suppliers of other pixel stuff and arduino. If you're going to get through a lot of pixel tape it's cheaper to buy it on ebay but make sure it has ws2812 led chips.

The adafruit range of pixel parts is worth looking at, proto-pic sell it in the uk, also cool components or skpang are uk suppliers of other pixel stuff and arduino. If you're going to get through a lot of pixel tape it's cheaper to buy it on ebay but make sure it has ws2812 led chips.

Thanks for that. I spoke to Proto-Pic and have now purchased everything I need from them. They were so helpful and really took the time to explain everything, and go through what parts I'd need. Fantastic company and excellent customer service. Again, thank you for the recommendations :-)

Archived