Looking for Boss-style scaffold clamps

Stuart91

I'm trying to put together some custom-length braces. At the moment this is done using standard scaff clamps, which is an annoying and time consuming job because they are used in an awkward location.

I'm thinking that something like the pieces used on Boss scaffold towers would be ideal, since they can be put in place without tools and are generally much quicker.

I can find many places selling set lengths, but nowhere in the UK that stocks the parts that would allow me to make up my own. (I'm thinking of something like the assembly pictured below).

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

http://www.guil.es/img/354_foto1_g.jpg

That's a good suggestion - thanks.

I think, if possible, I'd prefer to have something that could be bolted rather than welded. My welding skills are rudimentary at best, and I haven't worked with aluminium before. However if there's no other option it wouldn't be a deal breaker to have someone else fabricate them for me.

If looking for loaded diagonal bracing I would be reluctant to use ali tube drilled close to an end as shown. Especially not "home-made".

You are right to be wary of welding ali tube it can be tricky for non-skilled people.

This isn't directed specifically at the OP but more a general caution to casual readers.

• 3 weeks later...

Exeter-ScaffoldServices

http://www.exeter-scaffoldservices.co.uk

Moderation: : Please don't just post your company's website without any other explanation - that kind of advertising is frowned on here. If you'd said "We can help, here's our web address or PM me" then that's fine (as madorangepanda did above). I'm going to leave the post because it may be useful, but future posts of this sort will be deleted. Thanks, Anna (mods)

Was there not also a rule about having your business name as your username?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to round off this thread: I got in touch with Doughty and they reckon that there is nothing inherently wrong with drilling the claw end clamp to suit. As Kerry notes above, this arrangement wouldn't be particularly strong, but for my application (lateral support to stop swaying) it would be fine.

In the meantime, I've found some slimline trigger clamps which I suspect will be easier to work with so will experiment with them first.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived