Chinese lights

loudwill

Medina - can I do a little hijack? The profiles you linked to - 300W suggests mega brightness, what was your impression on overall brightness - the 90W ones I have are pretty bright - is there anything you can compare it to? I have some of those B-eyes - I don't like them. They are great for effects but lousy for solid washes of colour, what they do do is also very difficult to predict - two interacting parameters and you end up writing lots of presets into palettes so you can get what you want.

The profiles were probably as punchy as a good quality Robe, between a 700 or 1200. Bars trimmed at 7m and with 30 odd washes and our F.O.H S4's they still cut the mustard. Only minor gripe was maybe the beam angle could have been a bit wider but stick a prism in and stage was covered ok. As for the B eyes, now I've looked a bit closer to the link, I'd say the ones that came in were probably a bit more refined, the wash was pretty even not like the picture where it's a bit patchy.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived