Relay to Midi or DMX

Caerdydd

Hi All,

I'm after a solution for a quiz show..... 2 Teams.

I need a method of connecting 2 relays (Connected to push to make switches) that would generate a Midi Note that can be customised....

Normally I'd leave this to the proper software and dedicated team, but money does not permit this.

Any ideas? It's going to be controlled by a Hog 4 if that makes any difference.

I'm after a solution for a quiz show..... 2 Teams.

I need a method of connecting 2 relays (Connected to push to make switches) that would generate a Midi Note that can be customised....

Roman Sowa is the man you want to look up, he supplies all sorts of circuit board modules for converting switch inputs to midi. The main use is for building organs but should do what you want too, and not expensive

http://www.midi-hardware.com/

edit: a lot of his boards seem to be unavailable. This looks like a similar thing based on a pre-programmed Arduino

http://www.midikits....di_8x9_keys.htm

We use an Alesis Trigger IO as an alternative to the midisolutions F8. With the right programming of the unit, we add a 4 button remote on 2 XLR's to our Qlab systems, if we need a remote go button (for MD etc.) We chose this over a DIY midi unit, as we needed something that didn't require too much setting up or construction. We already had a couple of XLR button boxes already constructed, so we could integrate this easily into our systems with a couple of jack to XLR adaptors. We also picked a unit up at a reasonable price from fleabay.

Although the kit on Thomman looks interesting, I might do some research on that for future reference.

Neil

Archived