Acer P1165

Gayhalo

I have changed the dmd chip in my Acer P1165 and now it will not work. It in fact stopped working after I stripped it to find the chip number and I re assembled it. There is some life in it and the lights do some blinking and fans start up and stop then it dies. Any one out there familiar with this projector?

Thanks to everyone who has looked. I understand that few if any will have any experience with this projector.As an update I have purchased a new bulb....... you guessed still not working. I have contented myself that if I get it going I will have a spare bulb.

I seem to be talking to myself but hey ho.Another update.I have purchased another one same model very cheap. It works but has an out of time bulb and a few pixels missing. I have the bits to fix it.

I seem to be talking to myself but hey ho.Another update.I have purchased another one same model very cheap. It works but has an out of time bulb and a few pixels missing. I have the bits to fix it.

Sorry you aren't getting replies but this forum is really about using projectors in theatre and live shows and we tend to use rather bigger ones than that - and few people will go inside them because they are very delicate optically and mechanically.

1470339401[/url]' post='541325']
1470333698[/url]' post='541322']

Sorry you aren't getting replies but this forum is really about using projectors in theatre and live shows and we tend to use rather bigger ones than that - and few people will go inside them because they are very delicate optically and mechanically.

Thanks for your interest I had worked out it not really the right forum. As you see I have worked my way to a solution.

If you are missing pixels then I sounds like the chip is knackered.

Considering the last one you stripped down stopped working afterwards, if you do the same on this one you may end up with two knackered projectors.

This is before we get into convergence settings. No idea how expensive these projectors are but you may be better of getting it professionally repaired.

If you are missing pixels then I sounds like the chip is knackered.

Considering the last one you stripped down stopped working afterwards, if you do the same on this one you may end up with two knackered projectors.

This is before we get into convergence settings. No idea how expensive these projectors are but you may be better of getting it professionally repaired.

According to Projector Central it's MSRP back in 2007 was apparently $499, so might not be worth the price of a service these days - especially when second hand ones are going for around £50 on eBay.

Last nights show had two fast fold screens - I'm guessing 8ft width in a 16:9 shape? Two dinky Acer projectors - couldn't see the model but I took a photo in case anybody can ID them from it (can't post it today - got to dash) but they were really, really good. Close in, very steep angle but keystoning and evens fine. Good on a test pattern, nice and sharp and best of all pretty bright. Loads of movers, loads of par can colours and bounce no issue whatsoever. I'd consider buy this (once I find out what it is). Not what I expected to see!

Archived