£100ish best budget led par

haymere

• 1 month later...

Hey, seeing as you're london based, what would be the possibility of hiring a couple off you to play about with, or better still maybe meeting up and having a chat? I'm based in East London and looking for a cheapish alternative to a basic theatre style setup for community stuff in the building I look after.

Cheers,

Sam

Can I join the party and had some of these internationally shipped to NZ, and they are better than I expected.

Has anyone found the IEC mains inlets to be a difficult mate with power cables? I've binned all the supplied cables with the 13A plug, and am using some locally sourced cables, and they don't seem a good fit; they require a very hard shove to make them stay mated.

And..... 50% of the fixtures arrived with the rattle of a nut or washer flailing around; anyone taken these apart, and if so, what is the disassembly process?

They're easy to strip and rebuild.

Take the screws out of the front ring and remove it.

Undo the front plate and remove it (note the orientation otherwise alignment can be iffy)

You're now down to the PCB with the LEDs and Lenses. Undo the 4 screws and disconnect the cable.

This is as far as I went, but I don't think going further would be too difficult.

HTH

Chris

• 3 years later...
So best part of 4 years on, I've just had one die. Looks to be a dead PSU, and replacing it is annoyingly nearly as expensive as the unit itself and I'm struggling to find one that will fit. Still, for the initial investment and the use I've got I am not upset.

It’ll be fixed. I’ve ordered a psu that I think I can fit in the case. Worst case I can use that in a project box to bodge me through the show the unit is on this week.

I’ll have a look at fixing the original psu, but there’s a few angry surface mount components and I’m not really kitted out for surface mount repairs on such a compact board.