Group EQ on LS9

Just Some Bloke

I have some experience on an LS9 but only doing straightforward stuff.

I have a show coming in this weekend that is using 15 hanging mics on a big choir and I'd like to group these together and put a 31-band graphic over them so I can ring them out separate from everything else. Can anyone explain an easy way of doing this?

Many thanks.

Route each of the 15 channels to an exclusive mix, then insert the EQ rack, rack input from this mix, rack output to desired output stage, possibly Stereo. Check that all other outputs including stereo are off for the 15 channels.

You will need to route the inputs to both left and right inputs fo the rack if the output is going to the Stereo mix.

Brian

Route each of the 15 channels to an exclusive mix, then insert the EQ rack, rack input from this mix, rack output to desired output stage, possibly Stereo. Check that all other outputs including stereo are off for the 15 channels.

You will need to route the inputs to both left and right inputs fo the rack if the output is going to the Stereo mix.

Brian

With this method you are effectively turning a mix/send into a group.

Make sure the mix is 'Post Fade' (13, 14, 15, 16 are by default) and on each of the 15 input channels make sure to turn off routing to LR so your not double bussing.

I recently did this on a production using 16 Radio Mics, turn off stereo bus of 16 channels and send them post fade to Mix 13 through a multi band comp. then had the output back to channel 24 where I inserted virtual 31 band graphic EQ, Channel 24 bussed to Stereo

You could put any effect on mix 13 and just have it on bypass or all parameters turned off

Hope this helps

Archived