MAC2000 Performance - output issue

lonemorf

Hi all,

I have a pair of MAC2000s running in a show at the moment, and one of them seems somewhat lesser in output than the other - I am sure they were fine 3 shows ago, but it really stood out today. There isnt a program bug (I.e, I havent got it inadvertantely dimmed), and the lamps are both under 150hours old.

Any ideas of what I could check?

Thanks in advance.

Have you checked the lamp alignment?

Yeah, did that when I changed the lamp

Check the 700w circuit, maybe a connector loose or the relais is not working.

Any idea where I am looking for that? I will try to find the service manual in the interim.

OK sadly to eliminate the lamp can you swop the two of them over, is the reflector ok, difficult to see but sometimes after a lot of use the silver becomes grey. It is unlikely to be the ballast as either they work or don't. Yes they do have a dim option, (If the dim wires are unplugged the dimmer is disabled, small connector on the side of the ballast) which I think is a small relay control on the main pcb, again swopping the lamps over will eliminate where we need to look for the problem.

Good luck.

Thanks Richard,

I will try to squeeze that in before the matinee today, else it going to have to wait till Friday :/

They are a proper pain to swap lamps in........

Yes I know, but it is process of elimination, ie: faultfinding.

Ya I know. :/

I just find the lamp changing on those units a tad confusing - its meant to be built as a quick changing "field serviceable" operation, but I am finding anything but - the 2 brass spokes at the top make things *really* difficult.

Archived