Gemini CDMP-1500

warrenstuart

I'm like waiting for a bus, nothing for ages then posting 2 topics at once ** laughs out loud **...

I've been browsing around for a 1U CD player mainly just to play the odd track off of my latest monthly CDs, mainly if I've not had chance to convert them to wav/mp3 plus double up as a bit of a backup unit.

This Gemini player caught my eye and I'm sure it's a bit low end but for the amount of use it's going to get is the sort of money I wanted to spend. It also plays mp3 files from a USB source AND has a mic input so could also be a bit of a "get out of jail" card in the event of a breakdown.

Similar sort of price and initially more favoured is the Denon DN-300C until I discovered it's heavier, doesn't play NTFS formatted drives and doesn't have a mic input, not that the mic input is really a decider that was just a bonus on the Gemini box.

So does anyone have experience of these especially the Gemini unit or have any other under £200 suggestions please?

Warren.

Very happy user of the Gemini here. I bought a few last year to install in our Dance and Drama studios. Never had any issues with them (touch wood). The USB function is great, as is the ability to repeat (previous CD players would only loop). Very sturdy and easy to use for the less tech savvy members of staff.

I tried a Swissonic CDMP-1 from Thomann which proved less than satisfactory at a Stage Dance Festival where the 20-30 sec read time made it unusable. If that's not a issue then it also exhibited digital hash/noise on the headphone and line outputs, I didn't get chance to test the XLR outs. I've returned it but outside the 28 days so I'm waiting to see what the big T do for me.

Archived