Controlling LED Lights Issue

Christir86

I have been asked by a primary school that has links to our secondary school to take a look at their lights ready for the end of year performance in July; one of their former IT technicians has gone and left no instructions behind!

They have six LED lights similar to the QXT SL-64 LED (I didn't get a closer look in time as they moved us on too fast) but the light I did manage to take a quick look at had no DMX addressing control on the back (unless they are dipswitch versions). They are daisy changed for control by DMX and for power, but when I eventually got the desk they found, a QXT DM-X16 192 channel desk, to turn on I could not control the lights; we found the power switch for them, and the lights themselves did their own thing and changed to the beat of the music playing during a sound check

I have been asked by a primary school that has links to our secondary school to take a look at their lights ready for the end of year performance in July; one of their former IT technicians has gone and left no instructions behind!

They have six LED lights similar to the QXT SL-64 LED (I didn't get a closer look in time as they moved us on too fast) but the light I did manage to take a quick look at had no DMX addressing control on the back (unless they are dipswitch versions). They are daisy changed for control by DMX and for power, but when I eventually got the desk they found, a QXT DM-X16 192 channel desk, to turn on I could not control the lights; we found the power switch for them, and the lights themselves did their own thing and changed to the beat of the music playing during a sound check

If the fixtures are doing self check on power on ("doing their own thing") and then reacting to sound, it seems they are not getting a DMX signal from the desk (not connected, not properly addressed, fixtures or desk are in sound activated mode or QTX desk not in 'manual mode'). You say you have not really had a chance to look at the fixtures at all so it could be that they have been set to run in sound activated via DIP setting. It really would help to know exactly which LED Par 64 fixtures you are dealing with. Can you give an outline of what you have checked so far?

Archived