Mac 700 fault

jonny_makinlightin

Hi There,

Just after some advice to try determine a fault I have with one of my rental Mac 700's. Its currently out on a job and has decided to stop working, during which the display board is flashing **** as if its trying to start up again. There is no life in the fixture whilst it is doing this. My customer has switched it off and back on again and it appears to sort it. It has done it a couple of times now.

Has anyone every encountered this problem before or know what might be the cause?

Thanks.

Hi There,

Just after some advice to try determine a fault I have with one of my rental Mac 700's. Its currently out on a job and has decided to stop working, during which the display board is flashing **** as if its trying to start up again. There is no life in the fixture whilst it is doing this. My customer has switched it off and back on again and it appears to sort it. It has done it a couple of times now.

Has anyone every encountered this problem before or know what might be the cause?

Thanks.

Hmm- last time I saw **** was on a Mac 550, and it implied it had forgotten it's software!

Ian

It might be overheating or control panel and motherboard can't communicate. Might be bad contact in fuse holders or cable between control panel and motherboard. Reinstalling software might also fix the problem

It would be great to get an answer why this is happening. After years now this problem is present at the mac 700, mac 550 and mac 2000 range. Is this really just a software bug or is it something else? This problem have to be solved please.

As stated above this seems to be a common problem with the 550/700/2000 series which all from what I understand run software built on the same code base.

We had this issues extensively when we had MAC 550's (or the MAC 700 prototype is I like to call it) but less so with our 700's. We do however occasionally see this with our MAC 700's and generally you will find if you leave it flashing for a few minutes it will generally boot up and be fine from there onwards.

If anyone has a definitive answer for this I'd certainly be interested as several of us have failed to find a reliable cause.

Speaking with AC's technical dept. They have also confirmed it to be a software issue. They also said to try swapping out the display/keyboard PCB. To check to see if it is the PCB they advised swapping it with an good fixture to see if the problem follows the PCB.

Don't know if this helps anyone.

When this problem appears, the display keeps flashing and you can hear the fans at full speed. When you take the connector from the display out of the main pcb, the fixture starts after a few seconds. When you put the connector from the display back again on the main pcb then is the problem back again. But when you change the display the fixture does'nt start up again, it keeps flashing the new display. When you wait a little longer, the fixture starts itself and the issue is gone. This has certainly something to do with the software, but what is going on here? And what solution does work to get rid of this?

Archived