LED fresnel hire, SE England

Tom Baldwin

In the face of a venue lacking in dimmer channels and spare power, I'm considering hiring (white) LED fresnels to allow for more granularity in a lighting design.

Except there doesn't seem to be much out there. I wasn't looking for something as luxurious as the ETC ColorSource Fresnel or the Arri L5C, but rather something more like the Elation units.

Does anybody know of a hire company - ideally near the Surrey/ Hampshire border - which has something of this order in their hire stock?

Hire would be early July.

Thanks,

Tom

In the face of a venue lacking in dimmer channels and spare power, I'm considering hiring (white) LED fresnels to allow for more granularity in a lighting design.

Except there doesn't seem to be much out there. I wasn't looking for something as luxurious as the ETC ColorSource Fresnel or the Arri L5C, but rather something more like the Elation units.

Does anybody know of a hire company - ideally near the Surrey/ Hampshire border - which has something of this order in their hire stock?

Hire would be early July.

Thanks,

Tom

We have some of the eLumen8 100w fresnels in rental stock, similar to these, but 5600K rather than 6000K

http://prolight.co.uk/product/zf-100-led-zoom-fresnel-cw

I know we're not based in the south-east, but are regularly in London so could schedule something, especially as we'll also be at Farnborough Air Show this year

Panalux have their own brand LED fresnel, the LD X90, that is nice and punchy and comes in either tungsten or daylight cct. On their website if you fancy a look.

I find you get a better rate for them if you go through their 'Broadcast & Event' office as opposed to the film one.

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for the LUX guys. Just supplied me with some Colorsource Pars for a long run this summer. One of the only stockist's I've found.

Have heard very good things about the LD X90. I look forward to hearing how you got on.

Alex

Archived