Video projector but using a spot profile lense?

splodge360

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=111958879860&alt=web

Got a project where I need a 10: 1 throw lense for a 12k barco projector.sadly not available. Has any one tried fitting a glass out of a 9' rankstrand profile spot. Would need to make up a new lense mount screw thread, or use an existing 2:1 lense, and make a new body for the new outer lense.

Any thoughts?

Why not just attempt to source a TLD+ 6.93 - 10.3:1 lens? It will definitely work and there is a really good chance that almost any large projection rental house will have a good number sitting on their shelves. Good high fidelity lenses are precision engineered - which is why a good lens is often more expensive than the device it is attached to.

Lenses are made with very high precision, things like the curvature of the glass are what makes it do its job properly. I would be extremeley surprised if you could get any sort of intelligible image out by sticking a lens from an old light in. Also its not just 1 piece of glass, its a series that work as a system.

I think you need to work on an alternative solution.

Is there no way at all of moving the projector closer to the screen? thats an incredibly long distance! (about 45m for a 5m wide screen)

What model is your projector? just having a quick look on the barco website there is a TLD+ 6.93-10.1.

Archived