glp volkslicht zoom led - power fault

lxkev

Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem...

Glp volkslicht zoom led - Doesn't power up, sent back for repair and the report states power supply. Power Supply replaced. Two months later same thing happens to the unit.

Anybody got any thoughts on what might be causing the PSU to burn out? Fixture was operating fine before it stopped responding

Thanks

There was a point in time that glp released a firmware update for some of their fixture models which was essentially "overclocking" for want of a better phrase the led driver chip. The psu's used to go pop all the time to the point that I had a show where a hire company sent me 1:1 spare units.

Its worth checking which firmware version your units are on.

The other issue the Volkslichts suffer from is the cable gland being done up too tight and munching the power cable. Out of ~32 or so at a venue I used to work for, nearly every one has had to have its power cable replaced at some point - and they weren't abused. Owing to how the fixture is built, replacing the cable is non-trivial and requires stripping it down almost all the way...

Archived