BOTEX ME-72 Multi Exchanger

egri

I was just wonderifing if I were to buy an ME-72 from

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_botex_me72_mu...f25d227390ef68f. If it would come with cables to connect it to zero 88 dimmers (8 pin din). And could I get cables to connect it to Tempus dimmers (it's a diferent connector - I think)? I think tempus dimmers use a different control voltage, so can you have this demux control a pair of zero 88 betapacks, and a pair of tempus packs symultaneously?

I was just wonderifing if I were to buy an ME-72 from

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_botex_me72_mu...f25d227390ef68f. If it would come with cables to connect it to zero 88 dimmers (8 pin din). And could I get cables to connect it to Tempus dimmers (it's a diferent connector - I think)? I think tempus dimmers use a different control voltage, so can you have this demux control a pair of zero 88 betapacks, and a pair of tempus packs symultaneously?

This demux comes with 25pin d-sub connectors on the back, each one providing connection for 24 channels of dimming, you will need to make up d-sub to 4 x 8=pin din adaptors in the correct wiring configuration to suit your dimmers

Tempus dimmers use Bleecon connectors. Standard 8 pin DINs will mate with them, but won't latch. Wiring convention is the same as for Zero 88 (pins 1-6 are channels 1-6 with pin 8 ground. Note Tempus dimmers send power (-15V) back along pin 7 to power the matching Tempus desks, so it might be wise not to connect it).

Strand dimmers like the Tempus use 0 to -10V for analogue control - your Zero 88 dimmers may well be able to accept this as well as the other 0 to +10V standard - you'd need to check this. Your biggest problem then is that the demux you're looking at appears only to spit out 0 to +10V. So will probably work with the zero 88 dimmers, but not with the Tempus ones unless you knock together something to invert 12 of the outputs (not tough with a very little knowledge of electronics - just use some op-amps in inverting configuration). Might be simplest just to find a demux which will give you the -10V output option.

Pete

Your biggest problem then is that the demux you're looking at appears only to spit out 0 to +10V. So will probably work with the zero 88 dimmers, but not with the Tempus ones unless you knock together something to invert 12 of the outputs (not tough with a very little knowledge of electronics - just use some op-amps in inverting configuration). Might be simplest just to find a demux which will give you the -10V output option.

My Showtec unit, which IIRC is the same unit, has got a polarity invert switch on the back.

Archived