Multiple controls from multiple locations

medina

Sx and Vx

Please, let's not encourage that. Sound and video. Or AV, if you must have a two-letter acronym for video.

LX makes sense as an abbreviation, because it's short for 'electrics' ('elecs'). It's also quicker to say than 'electrics'. SX as an abbreviation for sound ticks neither of those boxes, and just sounds daft. It also sounds too much like LX when you're listening for cues in a noisy comms environment, and the potential for confusion is high. VX, I haven't even heard that used before - but like SX, it makes my teeth itch.

Rant over.

Hear Hear.

I can cope with "SFX", just, because the three syllables differentiates from the 2 syllable "LX", but "sound" is quicker to say and sounds very different from "LX", so works best for me. anyway, as Gareth says, off topic, apologies... :)

Don is on the money here, this is a show control problem. With the right tools this sort of problem is very solvable. And with just ("just"!) six zones, its unlikely to need more than one control system.

You need to start with an inventory of the physical stuff necessary to bring the show to life, count every light, speaker, video output device, control input etc. Then you need an outline idea of cue sequence complexity, and output device complexity.

This sounds awfully familiar to a gig I was on last week in canada water! Any reference? If not - We actually used an MA system and then the sound department fed us timecode and midi show control into the desk to trigger various activities. Im sure some where sensor driven, and then some manually etc. You can get an external show controller to do this for you such as SCS or QLAB then fire that into your desk (sounds like you are planning to use an ION). That would be your best bet! Give me a shout if you want any more info!

Archived